Thursday, January 03, 2008

2007 in Review!

This past year has had so many wonderful things happen, and I can't help but reflect on them. (This is where consistant journal writting would be helpful.) Let's see what I can remember just from memory.

In January, I was working hard with Keller Williams. Jared and I had a pretty laid back month and not too much was happening (which was good now looking back on what was to come this year.)

February was the beginning of us being busy! First we had the Superbowl party for the Superbowl that we won (YAY!!!!) which was a lot of fun. And then we had my 21st birthday which was quite a celebration. Only for Ashley to close out the month with a trip to the hospital to have her appendix removed. (Thanks Ash.)

Most of the excitement in March was my mom joining me at Keller Williams. I also was rear ended by a dump truck, which ended up smashing up the Honda and leaving it inoperable for about a month or so. We borrowed Grandma's car until it was fixed, and then went back to life as normal. (The weather was perfect this month, might I add.)

April is when our summer started to pick up, with a quick weekend trip to the resort in French Lick. We drove down with Gma and Tyler, and had a fun weekend just eating and gambling.

In May, Matt finally got his drivers license and started driving all on his own. I have pictures to prove it. Haha. I painted the kitchen, and planted the first flowers in our garden. My flowers bloomed by the end of the month and we had the prettiest house on the block. Given there were only three other houses ON the block. :)

June was insane! We started June off with a bang by taking a mother-daughter trip to Chicago for a weekend. We visited Navy Pier, the Sears Tower, the now famous Tommy Guns Garage, and of course the CSI Exhibit. It was such a fun weekend. The very NEXT weekend, Jared and I drove up to Chicago to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. It was so much fun! (Both weekends were so much fun it is insane!) We took a speed boat ride around the pier, and went to the infamous Tony and Tina's wedding Dinner (just to recap, DON'T GO THERE!). I almost went to jail in June, because I didn't show up for Jury Duty, but thankfully the judge was nice and let me off with a warning. We visited the Fishers Freedom Festival the last weekend in June and had fun the rain watching the fireworks for the fourth of July.

We celebrated the Fourth of July by visiting some family for a week in California. We ate at In-'n-out, and drove red hot convertable mustangs! We also learned of a new food group called Pole-Pockets (hold your jokes please.)

August came really quickly, leading us back into the working mindset after our two months of play. We went to the Dave Matthews Band concert with Tyler and his friends and had a really good time. I also started volunteering for Habitat for Humanity this month which continued through the end of November, and was a lot of fun.

September is when reality hit, and Jared sent me out to find a job. Ick! I landed a good job with an Architecture company in an executive assistant position. I'm still there, so something must be working out right. (I like being able to pay my bills.) :) Jared also took a promotion at work this month, and is now a salaried manager well on his way to becoming Assistant General Manager.

October was full of madness too. Ashley and I decided to throw my parents a 25th wedding anniversary party, which turned out to be a lot of fun. We enjoyed suprising our parents (they had NO idea!) I also took my first ever business trip to Pennsylvannia, and had a blast. Who knew work could be so much fun?? It also forced me to get out of my comfort zone and strech myself a little which was good. We had an addition to our family in late October which led to a lof of enjoyment and fun. Abbey, our new dog, joined the clan, and is still learning to get along with the kitties. She's also caused us to rent a carpet shampooer twice since! haha!

The month of November was an interesting month. I got involved with the animal shelter in Rushville, where horrible things were happening. Change takes time, but changes are being made. Someday, all animal shelters will be regulated due in part because of people like me who are passionate about animals. We also got the whole family together for Thanksgiving, which was a lot of fun.

As the year wound down, and December rolled in, we got our first dump of snow. We got a ton, all at once, and then when it melted we've gotten two or three small snows since. It's not been too bad. We had a really good Christmas and a relaxing one too! New Years eve was great, our friends Heilit and Matt from Utah came and visited. It was a lot of fun. We closed out this year on a great note, and we're hoping that 2008 will be wonderful and productive!

Hopefully 2008 will yeild a lot of great things! We wish you the best in all of your resolutions, and hope you have a wonderful year as well!

1 comment:

The Horn Family said...

It's always nice to look back on the good and bad that happened in the last year. Looking back at the bad because it shows us how much we overcame and learned from and the good because it reminds us that those things came from Heavenly Father. I am glad you and Jared had a great year. Have a fabulous 2008!