Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Rushville, IN Animal Shelter

Finally, the Rushville Animal Shelter is getting some publicity. I'm not yet sure if it is good or bad, but at this point ANYTHING is better than nothing. Last week, Jamie, the Assistant Animal Control Officer (and my friend) blew the whistle on the Chief Animal Control Officer for his inhumane euthanazia practices. I have attached an investigation by RTV 6's Rick Hightower (he's an old friend from church, how ironic is that?) of the breaking story at the shelter. Please note that all of the things that I thought were disturbing before, are now being brought to the publics attention.

I have to admit that my heart feels a little lighter today. Today is Tuesday... this is the day that the animals at the shelter are picked out for euthaniazia. Today, the shelter is closed, and the Animal Control Officer has been suspended. Tomorrow will be the first Wednesday in a long time that the animals will all remain safe. I can't help but let my heart be at ease. Then again, no one is really very sure what is going on at the shelter. The police department is now running the shelter, so I'm praying that the animals are getting the attention they deserve.

I spoke with Jamie today, Wednesday, and she said that she's okay. She's under a lot of stress, and a criminal investigation, but over all she's okay. When I asked her how I could help, "Do you need dinners?" I said, she asked me to send some pictures of Abbey to her. THAT I could do! :) I just finished emailing her all of the pictures. There was a rally in her honor "Justice for Jamie" all day yesterday and there was supposed to be a Common Council Meeting in the evening. Unfortunately, the council meeting took the shelter off of the agenda and making a special "closed to the public" meeting, which we won't find out about it. I hope that they decide that Jamie did the right thing. I guess there were people from all over the midwest who came to the rally last night. All of the Animal Rights groups found this to be a very important event. I am praying that everything is going well for her.

Anyways, I'm attaching the link for you to read, I'm really hoping you all read it and sign the petition in Jamie's honor.

Thank you all for caring so much!

(To see the link, click on the title of this post!)

No comments: