Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Life, and the wonderful mess that it is!

So, I am quickly learning that being a mommy is a lot harder than it looks. Er, grandma? Whatever, you know what I mean.
Lily's puppies are growing so fast, as are their functions. They've recently just started "doing their business" all on their own. For those of you who have never had a fresh litter of puppies, when they are first born, their mother (careful, this is gross.) will stimulate them to go to the bathroom... and then she eats it. It's gross, but fabulous for those of us who live with them. They've just begun this little miracle of "potty-ing" on their bed, and as much as I love to do laundry, it's just not fun. AND IT BEGINS!
I will admit though, Lily has been an awesome mommy so far. She cuddles them, and feeds them, almost whenever they want to eat, and she even keeps them pretty clean. They smell so good, with their new little puppy breath, too. My mom can't get enough of them, although, they are still at that cute irresistible phase. And amazingly, I thought they would all be adopted by now, but the fear of owning a new little puppy is too much for people to handle.
Yes, they chew.
Yes, they have accidents.
Yes, they will love your new pair of red high heels. (And YES, I know from experience.)
But the undying love and joy they will bring to your family is undeniable! When we first brought Abbey home, she wanted to play non-stop. I thought she was crazy! Come to find out, that's normal for a puppy to behave that way. Anyways, the puppies sure are becoming a very important part of our lives and it will be sad when they go to their forever homes.
My job is going pretty well, and I'm enjoying it enough. Although, I think I'm getting carpal tunnel sitting in front of my computer all day. Haha, I guess that's what happens. I've made a great friend at work, her name is Megan. Go figure. And no, she's not an imaginary friend that I named after myself. She's pretty cool, and we like a lot of the same things. She's into animals too... not quite the way I am, but almost. And she LOVES cats. She's married, and although still very young, has a eight year old son. They are a wonderful family and I can't wait to get to know them all better.
Jared is doing pretty well, just enjoying life and where it takes us. He loves Lily to pieces, and the puppies too. It's really cute to watch him love on all of them.
This year has started out pretty well, so we couldn't be more grateful. Let's hope that it's a sign as to how the rest of the year will turn out. (We need it!) My birthday is in a few weeks, so I'm sure we'll end up doing something fun, so I will be able to update you with a few pictures. Tyler and Grandma are doing well also; G-ma just turned 93 in January, so we couldn't be more thrilled. Tyler is loving his job too, which is great. My family is doing pretty well, and they have a few things to look forward to this year also. Matt will be graduating from High School (I know, it's insane!) which is a really big deal. Go Matt!
I guess that's really all there is to say this week, but keep checking out the puppies blog because I'll continue to update it with their progress. I guess I had better get back to work now. We'll chat again soon! :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey! Thanks for the update. I wish we lived near you. My kids would love to come over and play with the puppies... and if we did that often enough, you KNOW we'd bring one home with us.
Glad everything is going well. Happy birthday to your grandma. 93... wow!