Wednesday, December 23, 2009

2009 Year in Review!

This past year has been crazy, emotional, busy, and stressful. However, it's been one of the best years we've ever had. He never said it would be easy, just worth it. And it really has been worth it. Let's kick this year in review off right with a strong January! (Ever wonder what a years worth of Facebook status updates look like? Me too, apparently I could only go back to Sept. 24!)

January
Jared and I found out that we were pregnant. It was a little surprising (since my sister had just announced that she too was pregnant), but happy! I was freaked out at first, but by the end of the month, it was okay. It was a great way to kick off the year, but stressful too.
February
Matt turned 19 & I turned 23 (AH!!!!) This month Matt also got his Mission call to Czech Prague! We were so excited. He only had a few months to prepare, but he was so excited and we were too!
March
March was a crazy busy month. I left the real estate team that I was working with and joined forces with my mom to create The Vivona-Peyton Team. It was stressful getting everything organized, but was WAY worth it. This pretty much took up our entire month, with getting signs ordered, websites set up, business cards together, combining databases, and lead generating.
April
Both of our doggies graduated from doggy training! We have certificates to prove it!! That was a big feat for us, they needed the training really badly. It was one of the best Christmas presents we've ever received! We were also blessed to see McKinley via ultrasound this month. She looked like a baby! Her fingers were so cute and long - we should have known then. It was such a neat blessing, and very exciting. IT'S A GIRL! I went to a fun 80's party at my friend Amy's house which was a blast too (I have pictures of my leggings!) where we hung out in a cemetery! (Creepy!)
May
The beginning of May, we dog sat Jared's boss' dog Aggie. She is an English Bulldog who stole our hearts. It was a lot of fun to have her at our house and was hard to send her home. My grandma and aunt came to visit this month for Ashley's baby shower. It was a lot of fun to have them here! My grandma was obsessed with seeing the "Amish country" that she had read about, so we took the VERY long drive up to Shipshewana. Thankfully, it's over and we got it out of the way so we wont ever have to go back - It was so boring! AND -the quilts were "Made in China"! Lame!
A highlight this month was taking Matt to the temple for the first time. Mom, Dad, Jared & I, and Matt all made the drive up to Chicago to visit the Chicago temple. He was so excited, and we were excited to go with him. It was such a fun opportunity.
June
I was growing more and more uncomfortable as I grew larger, but we were still able to do a few fun things. We joined our friends Amy & Derek for a fun "Puppy Picnic!" downtown, which was a lot of fun. It's always great to get together with them, especially since we can bring the doggies. We also had a couple baby showers which were a lot of fun - especially the one that my two girl friends threw for me. It was a lot of fun, and everyone decorated baby onsies for baby McKinley!
July
July was a great month! My niece Ashlynn was born on the 23! It was such as special blessing! We were also having our new floors installed, which was FANTASTIC! New carpet throughout the upstairs, and laminates downstairs. We finally had floors, and it is great! We also celebrated the fourth of July with our good friends Matt & Amanda on the rooftop of a parking garage in downtown Indianapolis. It was a blast.
August
Our last month of freedom... Matt left for the MTC (Missionary Training Center) on August 12th. It was sad and was hard to let him go, but exciting all the while. After Matt left, everyone sort of just laid low for awhile and enjoyed playing with Ashlynn. I made my very first batch of maple syrup which was SO good! I didn't know that I could MAKE syrup until I was desperate!
September
September was a GREAT month! We welcomed McKinley into the world on the 10th, and have been enjoying life ever since! This pretty much consumed our month, but was such a wonderful blessing!!!
October
This month we celebrated Mom's Birthday - she was 25 (again!). It was the girls very first holiday, Halloween! They won the "cutest costume" contest at the ward party, which was a blast. Ashlynn was a penguin, and McKinley was a mouse (perfect since her auntie calls her "mouse"). The girls were SO cute. Ashley and I took the girls to the Children's Museum and went through the happy haunted house which was a lot of fun, and the same day we went to the Halloween Festival on the east side. It was FREEZING, but we all bundled up really good and had a lot of fun. Ashlynn was blessed this month, and that was really special too, even Chris's family attended.
November
My grandparents and Aunt and Uncle all came to visit over Thanksgiving. While they were here, we (everyone except Jared) drove up to Chicago for a Friday and Saturday. Saturday was the festival of Lights parade on the magnificent mile, and it was a lot of fun. It was nice to take the girls somewhere new too. When we got back to town, my aunt and uncle went home and my grandparents stayed for Thanksgiving. I gave McKinley her first solid food (Vanilla Wafer) and she LOVED it. She screamed at me when I took it away. McKinley's baby blessing was the 22nd, which was really special! Everyone that we loved was there including Jared's childhood best friend Spencer, and his mission buddy Justin. It was so special, and so sweet!
December
So far December has been great. Jared and I, and Ashley and Chris, took the girls downtown on the 5th to the circle of lights. It was fun and we got some cue pictures. Ash even taught me how to wear my baby carrier, haha. We've had a pretty calm month so far, which has been nice. Christmas is just around the corner and then the new year - it seems like this year has just gone so quickly. McKinley now weighs 14 pounds, and is 25 inches long... Jared and I are not quite so lucky. :) P90X will be ringing in the new year with us.

This year in review didn't even highlight all of the many wonderful clients that we've helped. It's been such a special year, and so many of you have made it bright!

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year! We love you all!!!

Megan

No comments: