Wednesday, February 04, 2009

January 2009 - And it Begins.

Hey.

I'm pregnant.

Yep. Pregnant.

Yeah, that's pretty much the same reaction I had. Let me tell you how it all began...

It was a Sunday night, and I had felt pretty crappy for about a week or so. I thought to myself, "Maybe I'm pregnant?" but it was a fleeting thought, because I assumed that it was just wishful thinking since my sister had told us that she was pregnant three weeks earlier. I took a pregnancy test just to be sure - while Jared was at work, no sense in getting him all excited since it was nothing - and come to find out the test was positive. I threw it away, honestly thinking that it was probably just passed it's expiration date and must have been wrong. I took one on Monday morning and got the same answer, so I took two more... all of which were positive.

First I freaked out. Then I was happy. Next I was terrified. Overwhelmed, scared, excited, and terrified all over again. Could this really be happening? Can I take it back? Maybe I'm not ready... oh well, too late!

I waited all day to tell Jared. I couldn't even get my mind around it. After working half a day, I went to Target and bought a baby bib that said, "I love my daddy" and wrapped it in a gift bag. On the outside tag I wrote, "Are you ready?". I drove to his work (which he had just been transfered to Westfield - a 10 minute drive from home - woo hoo!) and gave him the present.

He asked, "Who gave you this?"
"No one gave me that! I'm giving it to you!"
"Why?"
"Hello Jared, this isn't rocket science!"
"Are you... SERIOUSLY?"
"Yes!"
"Oh, okay, cool."

I think the excitement faded in and out as quickly as mine had - which wasn't a good thing since I needed the reassurance that everything would be fine. But Jared is naturally emotionless so I shouldn't have expected much.

And that's how we learned that we would be parents.

Now - a month later - and 8 weeks into the pregnancy I think we have both come to terms. I am feeling miserable on a daily basis, but thankfully don't get throw up sick like most women do. I just feel queasy ALL DAY long. I'm not sure if it's the hormones or my nervousness - but either way I'm tired by 2 pm. Jared is excited now too, he even bought a few books the other day. "What to expect when you're expecting" - the deluxe edition, and "10,000 baby names and their meanings". He likes thinking about names. I know it's way too early to tell, but I think it's a boy, and so does Jared. Or at least, he's hoping, because he always gives me boys names. However, we would be MORE than thrilled if it were a girl too.

But that's us for January so far. I'm sorry it has been so long. I don't think it will be like this again, I have been in the mood to blog for awhile.

I hope all of you are well too! Power to the Pregos this month.

4 comments:

The Miranda's said...

that is so exciting! I felt terrible and threw up, had pregnancy gingervitis (sp?), and was so dizzy all the time. I don't miss that, but it is so fun being a parent! you will love it! and congrats again!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I am just consistantly queasy - no throwing up really which I should count my blessings for. Although, I do get the dizziness. Ick! I'm ready for it to be over already. : ) I can't wait for it to get here!! : )

Anonymous said...

Megan and Jared -
We're sooooo excited for you guys! I laughed reading Jared's reaction because it sounds like something Matt might do - no strong emotion either way and run out and buy books haha. At least he didn't pass out.

Ethan said...

Congratulations! Here's hoping you can continue dodging throwing up. Heather's nowhere near that lucky. Keep up updated on how it progresses!