Wednesday, February 04, 2009

2008 Year in Review - My bad, it's late... AGAIN!

Our 2008 year in review is a little late and I apologize - it's been a few months since I have been able to post on here, but I'm happy to be back. And there is so much to tell you about! 2008 was a very big year for us. A lot of learning, and a lot of growing, and thankfully even more joy.

January - January of last year we we blessed with a bundle of joy. Er... eight bundles of joy. We were extremely lucky to be blessed with such a wonderful addition to our family. I was contacted in January about a dog who had no where to go. We invited her into our home unaware of what we would be expecting very soon! A week into the new year, we were blessed with seven new puppies. These sweet little babies were such a blessing to our family! Also, our beloved Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley passed away this month - it was a sad end to the month.

February - It started off with my brothers birthday which was good. After his birthday I received the calling to teach Relief Society (which had previously been my calling, and I LOVE it). I also had my birthday, which I don't really remember... it was so long ago. Senator Mitt Romney dropped out of the Presidential race this month also. Overall, not a very exciting month, but we were dealing with 1 month old puppies so we were busy!

March - I was offered a position in North Carolina (which, looking back now, I am glad I didn't take) with the company I was working for. We also bought a new car this month, which was a really fun thing for us. It was both of ours very first brand new car, so we were very excited. We fought over who would get to drive it, but I won. : ) I was released from my calling in Relief Society - and was called into Primary - which I later would realize would be a good thing for me had I just stuck it out.

April, May, & June - These were especially rough months that I would particularly like to forget. Jared and I had a lot of ups and downs. We were financially stressed, physically tired, overworked and underpaid, emotionally tired, and just needed a break. Thankfully, by June things were turning around for us. I quit my job to be a "stay-at-home mom" to the puppies for a few months, which wasn't the wisest thing for us financially, but was extremely beneficial in other ways. By June things were looking up, and we were beginning to adopt out some of the puppies. We had our 3 year anniversary on the 17th, and just really reconnected this month.

July - I was called to be an Enrichment Committee Member at Church which was EXACTLY what I needed. I really enjoy that calling, and it got me back to what I should be doing. As a committee we began planning our Christmas party for 2008 - which was fun. Jared and I also ripped up our carpet downstairs and painted the concrete! (We still don't have floors, but we'll get them soon!) By now, all of the puppies (including the runt, Quinn) have been adopted. I was so sad to have them all adopted - I cried for days! But they were happily in their new homes. Jared and I went with our friends Heilit and Matt on a 3 day trip to Chicago which was a lot of fun. It was a great chance for us to get away and have some fun after all of the puppies and life changes. Jared was also promoted to General Manager and moved to the store in Kokomo, which was a 45 minute drive for him. He did it dutifully, and was happy for the promotion.

August - In August we found out that I had really high blood pressure, the doctors thought that I may have some kidney problems. Thankfully for me, I am just fine! My Dad's birthday was this month, and it was a blast - we had a BINGO party which was a lot of fun. The Cadillac finally broke down (which was SO sad!) but we were able to buy another car for Jared. We found a fantastic little Nissan Maxima which was perfect. The guy who sold it to us basically gave it to us which was nice too. The change in vehicles certainly saved us a lot of money in gas. We went to the state fair this month with some of Jared's friends from High School and had a blast. It was a fun summer month, and was really enjoyable!

September - My dad and brother went to CA to visit some family, and while they were gone, my mom decided to refinish the floors. It was quite an obstacle!!!! The sander was bigger than she is, so it ended up pinning her against the island, creating one of the funniest things I have ever seen. She likes to take on large projects while the boys are away and can't poo-poo her ideas. The first game of the season was played in Lucas Oil Stadium, and Jared and I went with a few friends to see it. It was just a HS game, but it was neat to be in our new stadium. Grandma bought a new couch, and gave us the sectional which was good too!

October - I went back to Real Estate this month with a new team - the Evelo Team. Jared was still running the store in Kokomo, waiting to get transferred closer...

November - President Obama was elected President. We both just worked a lot this month, so there's not a lot to tell you. Oh yeah, and we both received callings as Cub Scout Leaders. : ) Go Wolves! Thanksgiving was great, just visiting all of our family and having fun.

December - This was a GREAT month!!! I received an offer on a property - my first being back to real estate. We had Christmas of course, but around the 15th my grand parents on my mom's side came out to visit. It was SO nice having them here. I was determined to move them here, but they missed home. It was a great holiday because we were able to just relax and have some time off. Matt got Rock Band for Christmas and that was a lot of fun! Even my grandparents tried it! You should have heard my papa sing Eye of The Tiger!!! New Years came around and everyone was happy that this year was over - including me. 2009 will be the best year ever.

Oh yeah, and we got pregnant in December too, but no one knew until 2009...

No comments: