Recently, Jared's grandma got some new living room furniture. She offered us the L couch that she had in the living room previous to the new furniture. Of course, we would never turn down furniture! Jared and Tyler moved it using Tyler's truck, but the way they packed it was hillarious. They got all five pieces in his truck so that they didn't have to make two trips. They had to take that trip realllllllllly slow. It's okay, I thought you might enjoy a good laugh at their packing skills. I know I did.
Yes, the corner piece hung over the edge about 18 inches. Ha.
We also went to the new Lucas Oil Stadium a few weeks ago! They had a high school game there and we decided to go check it out. Seeing as how Jared LOVES sports, it was a lot of fun. It's so neat, what a nice stadium we have.
View from the upper deck.
Outside the entrance, where all of the sponsors are listed.

Julie and I at the new stadium.
Haha, now this is quite a story. My dad and brother went out to California to visit my grandparents a month or so ago, and while they were gone my mom decided that she wanted to refinish the wood floors downstairs. She went and rented a sander...
We enjoyed going to the State Fair with a few friends. Here, Jared and his friends Luke and Matt are enjoying a snowcone. These guys have been friends since High School (and when they are together, ACT like they are still in high school). It was fun, we loved going with them.
This car is the newest addition to our family. Jared's Cadillac finally broke down. I know, I cried too. It's okay, it was time for some change, and thankfully this change saves us a little money on gas. It's nearly perfect on the inside, as it is on the outside. Jared likes his car, and now they both fit in the garage. YAY, for change, right?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My most recent painting, I really liked this one. I ended up giving it to a girlfriend, so I'll be interested to actually see it on a wall. A friend commented on it, and I love what she said, so I'm posting it here too:
"i like this one a lot. it makes me feel sentimental, because i'm young and married. it connects a boy and girl, and has a really youthful vibe. great work." ~ac
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My dad's birthday party! We had so much fun! It was a BINGO party, to celebrate his age. :)
A kings hat, goggle glasses, a cone to hear, and a button that says, "It's ALL about ME!" surely made this a party to remember.
Oh yeah, and a nightlight for the toilet... just in case he needs one! Haha. Our twisted family thought this was hillarious.
We all took turns being the BINGO master. And yes, we all wore the green dealer visor too. It was such a fun evening! Matt made it look easy, but it really wasn't! That's a pretty good update on what we have been doing this summer. We've had a few scares too. A few months ago I went in for an annual doctor visit and found out that I have really high blood pressure. 140/100, which I guess is not good. They told me that they think I have some damage to my kidneys and ran a bunch of tests. They made me urinate in a bottle for a full 24 hours (which was miserable!) and drew a bunch of blood. The tests came back inconclusive and have reffered me to a Kidney Specialist. I haven't set an appointment with her yet, but I will soon. I actually went in to my appointment concerned about having kids. We've been trying for some time, with no luck. Come to find out, high blood pressure can keep a woman from ovulating (sorry for the details guys!) which is probably why we haven't been so lucky. I am so greatful that it's just blood pressure that is keeping us from having kids... blood pressure is managable! Of course, this has been really hard for me to talk about and aside from close family, and my visiting teachers, I haven't mentioned it. I figure, it's time to get over my sensitivity and be greatful that overall we both seem to be in good health. I guess the real reason that I am sharing this is as a warning for all of you. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, go in for your annual visits. Check your blood pressure and cholestorol often. These are really simple things that can be corrected before they cause any other risk factors. I only wish I would have known that EVERYONE no matter your age or sex is at risk for high blood pressure. I just assumed that I was young and felt healthy, so I was. Never assume when it comes to your health! :)
4 comments:
Ok, two quick comments: First off -- I loved your painting. What a cute idea with the shoes! I'd love to see one with big boy feet and tiny girl feet perched on top... it's probably becuase I watch Ethan with Eliza every day, i just love the daddy daughter gig.
Secondly,I just had to tell you how much I dig your haircut. I wish I could pull something like that off. You look marvelous, girl!
Thanks for the pictures! It's so fun to see your family! I hope everyone is doing well.
I'm glad you are getting over your sensitivity to talking about some of the health issues. How would any of the rest of us who are care about you know to include this stuff in our prayers if you don't say anything! ;)
Heather, thanks for the idea, I'm going to see if I can produce something to that extent - the daddy daughter thing! :) And thanks about the haircut, I've found that if you find the right stylist, magic can happen. (I literally went and sat in her chair with my long hair and said, make me beautiful and that's what came out.) lol
Ethan, thanks! I'll take all of the prayers I can! :) Of course, you guys are always in ours as well. :)
Miss you guys!!!
Looks like you had an eventful summer. Cute painting. I'm sorry to hear about you high blood pressure issue. I hope it resolves soon or you can find a good way to manage it. But hey, blood pressure isn't the only cause of not being able to have kids. I have nothing wrong with me according to the doctors and kids still don't love my uterus! I guess when the time's right, it'll happen. Hope everything goes well though!
Post a Comment