Saturday, February 02, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

I have yet to post about our beloved Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley because I just can't seem to accept the fact that he's gone.

It's been almost a week, and yet, I still somehow think that someone will come out and say it's all a big joke and that President HInckley is alive, okay, and happy. I know that's not going to happen, but the thought of it keeps me from melting into a pile of tears whenever I think about it.

He was a good man. The best man. Not only A Prophet, but MY Prophet. He was the man who led and guided me through some of the hardest years of my life. Not to mention the absolutely amazing ones as well. For some reason, I never felt like any of the things he asked us to do or not to do felt like limitations. Had anyone else asked me, I would have felt trapped and rebellious. Not with this man.

I've been reading on everyone elses blogs what they felt about President Hinckley, and I totally agree. "You rock, President Hinckley!" I won't lie to you. I wasn't even the slightest bit happy when I heard that he had passed away. Everyone else seems to be so happy that he's with his wife and in such a lovely place, but I was just NOT happy. I cried my eyes out. I cried and cried until my eyelids were swollen so badly that I couldn't cry anymore. I never met him personally, but he certainly was loved. He could have been my grandpa for the way I cried. I didn't just cry that evening either, I cried the next day at work, and nearly everyday this week on my way home from work. At first I felt like Heavenly Father had taken him from me, and was angry. After a lot of thought, I realized that Heavenly Father isn't as mean as he seems and that he knows that we are in need of a fresh outlook and new leadership.

President Hinckley did what he was sent here to do.

Who knows, maybe his one and only task was to help raise me into the woman I am today. I doubt it was, but I sure do believe that Heavenly Father knew that I could handle it if President Hinckley left to go home.

How do I feel about the next upcoming presidency? I think it will be a wonderful change in pace. I think that this world needs all of the strong men that it can get as it comes to a close. Not to mention that Heavenly Father has divinely selected these men for this dispensation. Hooray for them who are able to do as the Lord asks, and help fulfill his promise. I pray for each of them, and bless them with my love, devotion, and support.

To President Hinckley I say, you won't be needing that cane anymore. I love you. Boy, do I love you. You will never be forgotten in my mind or heart, and you will continue to live through me and my example. I am saddened that I was never able to meet you here on earth. But you had better believe that I will find you in heaven, and thank you with all of the gratitude in my heart. You will be missed, but you will never be forgotten. And to Heavenly Father, I say, thank you for the time you gave us with him. Thank you for the undying love and compassion you show each of us on a daily basis, and thank you for the magnificent people that you place on this earth to lead and guide us. To you I will be forever indebted.

Before I go, I just want to comment on the actions of the youth in many states across the country, regarding President Hinckley's passing. If there was ever any question as to whether or not President Hinckley has touched the hearts of the youth and young adults of this church, they put an end to it. Please visit: http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/thousands-of-youth-wear-sunday-best-to-honor-leader to read more. I'm so proud of their actions.

All my love,
Megan

No comments: