Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Anniversary Trip to Chi-Town!





These are a few of the pictures I painted last week. They wouldn't be Megan's paintings without a splater painting! Now on the Anniversary! ...
Jared and I took a trip to Chicago where we had a lot of fun. I didn't get as many pictures from it as I did the last trip, but I got a few fun ones. When we first arrived in Chicago, we went to Navy Pier where we took a speedboat ride. There is a shot from the back of the speedboat, and a city of the skyline.
This is a pretty good shot of Navy Pier from the water. Can you believe that the ferris wheel used to be twice as tall and 2 times larger around. The shrunk it for saefty reasons, but I can't imagine how scary it must have been before!!
Jared and I on the boat! Another few of the skyline from the water, and one of those above is of the front of the speedboat. We were in the very back but we actually had the best view.





This shot of Jared and I with these two crazy looking people has a very interesting story behind it. Jared and I rolled into town on Saturday and I had told him about how much fun going to Tommy Gun's Garage Dinner Theatre was on our last trip, so I wanted to take him to one this week. We decided not to go to the same one I just went to, so we decided to go to the only other one in town which is called Tina & Tony's Wedding. I remember that I specifically asked the lady on the phone, when booking the reservations, if it was rated for all audiences and she told me that it was. I was like, "Okay then, I'd like to reserve two please."
When we first got there, some of the electricty was out. The two floors below had power but not the third where the dinner theatre was. So we waited, and waited, and waited.... finally an hour late the show started. Let me note that this dinner theater was not cheap, it's like $70 a person. It was the same price for Tommy Gun's but that's a different story... that was definitly worth it. (That and I ordered a steak, from my waiter, etc. haha) So we started an hour late, it was a terrible show, and then when the food was starting to come out, they handed us these paper plates and told us to stand in line! Can you believe it?? And then to top it all off, they fed us spaghetti and salad. Yeah, definitly no Olive Garden. The trampiest girls were dancing all over the place, and they were falling out of their dresses. Yuck, it was so awful. And they were using such awful language. Overall, we ended up leaving an hour early. It was crazy that's for sure!
After that evening, the trip was so special and so much fun. I would hav more stories, but I really don't. We just had some fun together, and played a little which was really nice. Anyways. I hope all of you are doing really well!


2 comments:

The Horn Family said...

I can't believe you had to pay $70/person for such a lousy evening. I am glad it got better from there though. I am glad to see that you and Jared are doing well.

The Horn Family said...

We have ultrasound pictures posted under April. There are some 3D ones there. That was really neat to see the baby in 3D. They didn't have that a year ago when I got the ultrasound pictures with Ally. They have come a long way. They do ultrasounds at your first OB appointment and then when you are like 20 weeks along. If they have reason to believe there is something wrong, then they'll do more ultrasounds.
I made Ally her own cake and bought a cake for everyone else to eat. She had cake coming out her nose for the rest of the night. She had a great time. It was so much fun to see her eat her cake. She also had corn on the cob, watermelon, and cheetos for the first time at her party. She loved it all.