Thursday, June 28, 2007

Fishers Freedom Festival Time...

Okay, so let's talk about these last two weeks! That sure have been full of funny and interesting things! So first off, I had Jury Duty on Monday, which due to how busy I wa swith work, that I forgot to go. Yeah, it's really not a good idea to miss Jury Duty. Anyways, Jared reminded me later that evening and I gave the courthouse a call. I left a message, and then the next morning called again. I got the baliff on the phone and she told me that I was going to be summoned to come before a judge and explain why I didn't show up. I appologized profusely and got off the phone. On Wednesday I pulled up to the house only to find a Sheriff sitting in my driveway waiting for me to come home. He said that he was going to visit my place of employment if I didn't get home soon, I laughed and told him that I'm a Realtor and he wouldn't have found me there either. Anyhow, he said that I made the judge mad and that they were hanging the scaffolding in the courthouse as we spoke for my hanging. Lucky me! Anyways, the summons said I was to appear today (Thursday morning at 9:15) in Superior Court one. I started to get nervous, and was begining to wonder what would happen when I got ot court the next day so I called the Baliff back and asked her 101 questions. She told me that I would be called before the judge and that I would need to explain to him why I didn't come for Jury Duty. I asked her what the most likely punishment would be and she told me that because I had called and appologized first thing the next morning, he would probably let me off the hook with a stern talking too about my civic duties. I then asked her what the normal punishment is if you just don't show up and don't call. She said the Mandatory minimum sentence is 4 days in jail!!!! 4 DAYS!!! I asked her if there was any chance I was going to get that, and she told me that there was like a 25% chance I would. So I was so nervous!!! I would have the Paris Hilton Wake up call if that was the case! So, I showed up like 45 minutes early to court, hoping that my eagerness would show how responsible I was. The judge called me up to his bench and asked me to explain why I didn't come, and he told me that it would be stricken from my record and to just show up from now on. And then he thanked me for showing up to see him. He was really nice! If I didn't already have my head on the block, I would have given him my card. =) So anyways, that has been pretty exciting this week.


To start off this week, I blew out two tires on the Cadillac. Ha! If you could have seen the car all lopsided, you would have laughed, it was pretty funny looking. No worries, we got them fixed.

I've been working on some paintings for some friends of ours who just moved into their new place. Their colors are Brown, Tan and Celery. I have been working on these for about a week, but I'm just not happy with the way things are going. I like this first on though. It's actually supposed to hang Long wase... so the lines reach for the cieling and the floor. But I do like this one, I think it's neat.

This is just a close up of where the straight lines meet the non-straight lines. =)















I couldn't paint anything without making at least one of them a splatter. I really like the Celery color, but I'm hoping it matches theirs. It's name is Celery Stick, but it looks awfully bright green to me. I took these pictures in Natural light, so you can't tell how bright they really are. In the indoor artificial light the green seems to glow. I like the splatter though so I can't complain.





For the Fourth of July, (which in Fishers is celebrated the weekend before the 4th) we went to the Fishers Freedom Festival. The fireworks were a lot of fun, but we had to cheat the rain. The second we got to the park and sat down it started to sprinkle!! Somehow, my dad ended up with the teeny tiny umbrella... it's hard not to laugh! (Sorry some of the pictures are turned on their sides today, I'm feeling Blog lazy)

No comments: