Thursday, July 22, 2010

10 months, diapers, and a tooth left over.

It's been a month since I wrote last, and every time I get back to my computer it seems like a lot of new stuff has happened. As usual, we've been having a lot of fun around our house, and very little sleep. :)

McKinley is through her 10th month now, which is insane to me, and has mastered a few new skills. She has learned to take her diaper off on her own. It only took me three or four mornings of coming in to wet sheets that I realized we had to do something. Sooooo, we bought a potty. I've been given a lot of opinions about early potty training, most of which are negative, but to be honest she's doing really well. And I'm finding that the time we spend together while she's on the potty is special and I'm really starting to cherish it. Only a mother would say something like that. So far, she's understanding what the potty is for and has used it several times, and then loves to watch it flush. Hopefully we can get her all trained by the time she's 18 months or so and can only be using the pull ups at night. That's the goal.

My baby has also finally got her first tooth. It was about time! It was funny because last weekend we were at my nieces 1 year Birthday and she had some cousins from her dads side over to celebrate, one of which was 2 weeks younger than Kinley. His mom, Amy, asked If she had any teeth yet and I told her not yet. She said, "oh, and I thought (her son) was a late bloomer." talk about making me self conscious! haha. Goodness knows that I hadn't even felt her gums in weeks, so when I checked later that day, sure enough there was a tooth budging through. Thankfully it was only two or three days before it was all the way through and the crying was over. Ashlynn's birthday was a lot of fun, and I made a few friends (including Amy and her son) and hope to see them again soon.

Jared has started EMT school since I last posted too. Between work and school we haven't seen him a lot lately, but it's worth it. He's liking school which is good, and were hoping he can get in to apply to the fire department this fall and get going with that. He'll get his state certification on Sept 11th so it isn't too long of a class at all, thankfully.

Our business is going well, we've been doing a lot of business with people we love. It's great to have clients that we love.

I need to get going, this is just one of the many things I need to do while the girl is asleep. Pictures are coming this afternoon!

Mobile Blogging from here.

1 comment:

The Miranda's said...

Potty trained!!! Oh my heck..that's awesome! I think Beto may be going to the firefighter route sooner than later too! I'm glad you guys are doing well!